Saturday, January 05, 2013

Holiday sketches

Hope you guys had a good holiday!

Here are some sketches done over the break.






Wanted to play around with materials a bit more, many years of photoshopping brings weird habits..

I tend to draw quite messy when sketching digitally and undoing as soon as the tiniest thing seems 'not right', but when on paper I can push past this and resist the urge to edit and give the initial drawing a chance to actually happen.

Refreshing if not somewhat scary not having undo to fall back on..
Also it reveals things I need to brush up on...

For those interested, material used are: 21x29,7cm Fafabriano China Felt Grey paper, Copic markers, Copic multiliner and Pilot white ink pen.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Mads Johansen said...

That just reeks of awesome, Sono. And it is nice to get away from ctrl-z once in a while ;) I've actually caught my right hand reachin for the keyboard once or twice even when doing analogue sketches :D

Søren Bendt said...

Thanks Mads! Yeah I def want to do some more. But I forgot to close the white ink pen properly and now the lid is super stuck... once I solve this giant obstacle I'll do some more :)